Updated : February 7, 2019
Effective : March 9, 2019
Please read this Policy carefully. By visiting the Site or otherwise providing information to Qrativ through the Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, and sharing of your information as described in this Policy.
The information that we collect in connection with our Site is controlled by Qrativ, Inc., which is headquartered in the United States at 101 Main Street, 15th Floor, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142. As a result, such information may be transferred to and processed in the United States, as described in the section below titled “Information for Individuals Outside the United States.”
Information that We Collect
We and our service providers collect a variety of information through the Site. We may collect information from you directly when you provide it to us through the Site. We may also automatically collect certain information about you and your computer, smartphone, or other device when you use, access, or interact with our Site.
Information you provide. You can visit the Site without submitting any information that we can use to identify you personally. However, if you use certain features on the Site, you may be required to provide personal information. For example, if you contact us through the Site, we will collect your name, email address, and any other personal information you provide.
Information collected automatically. When you use our Site, we or our third-party service providers may automatically receive and record certain information. For example, this may include your device’s IP address, user-agent string, information about your use of the Site during your current session and over time (including the pages you view and the files you download), the date and time of your visit, links you click, searches conducted, the website visited before navigating to the Site, your software and hardware attributes (including browser and operating system type and version, device type, and device identifiers), and your general location inferred from IP address. To obtain such information, we or our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies to recognize your device and collect information about your Site usage:
- Server logs. When you use the Site, we automatically receive and record certain information from your computer (or other device) and your browser. To obtain such information, we may use server logs or applications that recognize your device and gather information about its online activity.
- Web beacons, tags, pixels, and similar technologies. The Site or the emails that you receive from us may use an application known as a “web beacon” (also known as a “pixel” or “tag”) and similar technologies. Web beacons are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page or in an email message for the purpose of transferring data. For example, it may allow an email sender to determine whether a user has opened a particular email.
How We Use Information that We Collect
We and our service providers use the information that we collect for a variety of purposes, including:
- Providing the Site. To provide our Site to you;
- Communicating with you. To communicate with you regarding the Site, and respond to your questions or requests concerning the Site or the services offered by us;
- Sending newsletters or other promotional messages. To send you newsletters or other promotional messages regarding our services or other services that may be of interest to you;
- Conducting analytics and improving our Site. To count and recognize users of the Site, analyze how the Site is used, improve the Site, create new products and services, and conduct analytics, including as described in the section below titled “Analytics”;
- Compiling aggregated and de-identified information. To compile aggregated and de-identified statistics or reports that we may share with our partners or other third parties;
- Legal purposes. For legal or other necessary purposes, including as described below in the section titled “How We Share information.”
- Lawful business purposes. Where permitted by law, for other purposes related to managing our business.
How We Share Information
We share information with third parties for a variety of reasons, including as follows:
- Service providers. We use third-party service providers to help us manage and improve our Site. These service providers may collect and use your information to assist us in achieving the purposes discussed in this Policy. For example, we may use third parties to assist with hosting our Site and to perform analytics.
- Legal purposes. We may use or share your information with third parties when we believe, in our sole reasonable discretion, that doing so is necessary:
- To comply with applicable law or a court order, subpoena, or other legal process;
- To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or prohibited activities, suspected fraud, violations of our rules or terms and conditions, or situations involving threats to other users, our property, or the property or physical safety of any person or third party;
- To establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- Company transfers. We may share your information with third parties to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, merger, acquisition, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or other disposal of all or part of our Company or assets.
- Aggregated and de-identified information. We may share aggregated and de-identified information with third parties, such as by publishing or sharing reports with third parties about trends in the usage of the Site.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer or other device, you may set your browser to block cookies. Although our Site currently does not respond to “do not track” browser headers, you can limit certain tracking and analytics by taking the steps discussed above.
The Site may contain links to websites or services of other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites or services, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites or services or the information you share through such other websites or services. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave the Site and to read the privacy policies applicable to such third-party websites and service. This Policy applies solely to information collected in connection with the Site.
Data Security and Retention
Qrativ uses reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your information against loss or unauthorized access, use, modification, or deletion. However, no security program is 100% secure, and thus we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your information.
Qrativ retains your information for as long as reasonably necessary for its legitimate business purposes, to provide the Site to you, to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy, or as required by law.
Your Rights and Choices
Qrativ provides you with choices to review, access, and update your information or to exercise your data protection rights, as follows:
- If you no longer want to receive our newsletters or other promotional communications, please follow the “unsubscribe” instructions that are included at the bottom of each message. Please note that if you unsubscribe from our promotional communications, you may still receive administrative messages from us.
- You may have additional rights under applicable laws to request access to, correction of, deletion of, or restrictions on the processing of certain information. You also may have rights under applicable laws to opt out of or withdraw consent to further processing, request copies of your data, or lodge a complaint with a data protection authority in your jurisdiction. To make such a request and/or inquire about such rights, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For your protection, we may implement only those requests related to information that we have associated with the email address you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
Information for Individuals Outside the United States
The information that we collect through or in connection with our Site may be transferred to and processed in the United States for the purposes described above. Qrativ also may subcontract the processing of your data to, or otherwise share your data with, third parties in the United States or other countries outside your country of residence. The data protection laws in these countries may be different from, and less stringent than, those in your country of residence. By visiting and using the Site, or otherwise providing information to Qrativ, you explicitly consent to such transfer and processing.
If you are an EU resident, our legal basis for processing information will depend on the type of information at issue and the purpose for which it is collected and used. In many cases, we rely on your consent to process information. We also may rely on our legitimate interests to process your information for the purposes described in this Policy.
The Site is not intended for nor directed to individuals that are deemed to be children under applicable data protection or privacy laws. We request that such individuals do not provide information to us through the Site.
Changes to This Policy
We may revise this Policy periodically in the future. If we make any material changes, we will post the revised Policy on our Site with an effective date indicating when the revised Policy will take effect. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Policy, please email us at email@example.com